I am so excited to be teaming up with the ladies of All Things Kids this month to bring you our Learning with Water Play series. If you haven't visited the all new All Things Kids blog, hop on over there! The All Things Kids bloggers: Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails, Crayon Box Chronicles, Sugar Aunts, All Done Monkey, Mamas Like Me, Fun A Day, Inspired by Family, Where Imagination Grows, and us (House of Burke) team up every month to deliver a fun new series to you!
We love water play, and it is SO versatile. There are so many different ways you can use water to learn and explore. We dug back into our archives to find you 10 water play ideas geared towards babies and toddlers!
1. Water Play Sensory Exploration for Baby - This simple water play was the first we ever did! If you are looking for a simple way to introduce water play to your littlest one, look no further.
2. Sensory Baby Play: Exploring Ice - Who says water has to stay in it's liquid state? Ice play is so much fun, and is such a great sensory experience for little explorers. It takes seconds to set up and will keep your baby (or toddler) entertained and cool when it's hot out!
3. Color Stacking Boat Obstacle Course - This activity is such a unique way to introduce color learning to your babies and practice color recognition with your tots!
4. Pumpkin Washing - This fun fall themed water play activity is a great way to introduce some water play into pumpkin picking season. You could even adapt this for other times of year and wash different vegetables!
5. Animal Washing Bin - We pretended to be pet groomers and washed all sorts of animals in this simple classic water play activity! This takes no time at all to set up, and adding some different washing elements can really make the bin inviting.
6. Chronological Order Water Play - This is a wet and educational way to introduce the concept of chronological order to your toddler. They will love looking at pictures of themselves from when they were younger!
7. Washing Rocks - Washing rocks is a great way to get them clean in order to examine them closer and sort them! Make sure you first take your little one on a rock hunt to collect some lovely specimens.
8. Frozen Beehive Excavation - This frozen bug themed activity is sure to excite your toddler! Being able to excavate a bee out of a frozen hive is way too much fun to resist.
9. Counting Bugs Water Sensory Bin - This water bin has something for everyone - bugs, numbers, water beads, rocks, you name it! It is sure to keep your little one entertained for quite awhile.
10. Ocean Life Sensory Small World - This ocean themed bin combines water and then some! Explore whales and turtles while also sinking your hands into some water play, sand play, and water bead play.
Now it's YOUR turn! Do you have a post that fits our Learning with Water Play theme? Please link it up below! Don't forget to tell us what your favorite water play activity is in the comments, and head on over to the All Things Kids blog to check out the other bloggers posts in the series!