(Amazon links included for your convenience. Thank you for supporting us!)
To make the meatballs, I used Glam*Ma's tried and true delicious meatball recipe, but substituted turkey. Here is what you will need for this meal:
- 1 package of ground turkey
- 1/2 cup 4C Seasoned Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated Pecorino Romano
- 2 cage free organic eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- generous shake of Onion Powder
- Small block of cheddar cut into little rectangles
Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl until combined
- Roll into balls (about 2in)
- Using your thumb, break meatball in half, slide piece of cheese into the middle, and re-roll
- Place on cookie sheet
And what did the toddler think...?
He loved them!! He clapped and devoured it. When you slice into them there is that perfect bit of melty goodness in the center, but not too much stringiness. I must say, I was obsessed with these. I am craving them right now as I type this. They were seriously delicious. We will be making these again real soon!