To make this meal you will need:
- 1-2 lbs ground beef (depending on how much meat you prefer)
- 1 lb pasta of your choice, cooked and drained (we generally use elbows, but have experimented with farfalle and shells in the past!)
- 1 c. diced green peppers (you can use fresh or frozen!)
- 1/2 c. diced white onions (" ")
- 28 oz petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 26 oz can of tomato soup
- 15 oz can of peas, drained (can be omitted if you hate peas .. I am a pea LOVER!)
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese (or more .. you WILL use more I guarantee)
- Oil - enough to saute veggies
This meal is super easy to throw together. First, saute the peppers and onions in a small amount of oil until soft. Set aside. Cook your hamburger and drain the fat. Add the peppers, onions, drained diced tomatoes, peas, and tomato soup to a the pan of hamburger and cook on low for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese and mix. Add the cooked, drained pasta and combine. This can be eaten immediately, but we never do because it tastes better if left to sit. Pour the entire meal into the crock-pot and pop the crock-pot into the refrigerator. 30 minutes before dinner, put the crock-pot on warm (or low) for 30 minutes to heat up.
Then serve with a generous amount of Parmesan cheese. There can never be enough cheese right?